- 2020 Apr 26..Investopedia...Any means of payment that exists purely in electronic form. Digital money is not tangible like a dollar bill or a coin. It is accounted for and transferred using computers. The most successful and widely-used form of digital money is the cryptocurrency Bitcoin. Digital money is exchanged using technologies such as smartphones, credit cards, and online cryptocurrency exchanges. In some cases, it can be transferred into physical cash, for example by withdrawing cash from an ATM.
- 2020 Apr 26..ActivistPost...I...CV-1984: China Rolls Out Test Of Digital Currency In Four Cities, Western Businesses Testing ... After the coronavirus caused China to shut down most of its businesses, and cities, the country is now striking back hard by releasing a digital currency and national blockchain. China’s central bank The People’s Bank Of China, began testing its new digital Yuan’s interface on April 14th with one of its largest banks, the Agricultural Bank of China, rolling out a test UI. Two weeks later, there are reports that a pilot has been launched. Nineteen restaurants and retail establishments including popular Western restaurant chains like Starbucks, McDonald’s and Subway are participating in the test, Bitcoin.com reported. The test run is taking place in at least four cities in China—Shenzhen, Suzhou, Chengdu and Xiong’an, according to China’s central bank which confirmed the test of its new digital Yuan officially called “Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DCEP)” to the Wall Street Journal.
- 2020 May 10..Cointelegraph...Iran Ditches Rial in Hyperinflation Crisis — Bitcoin Demand Rises Iran is set to redenominate its fiat currency, removing four zeros to create a new fiat called toman as demand for crypto is surging. ... Ravaged by crippling hyperinflation, Iran’s Parliament has sanctioned the redenomination of its fiat — the rial — by replacing it with a new currency called the toman. According to the plan, each toman will be worth 10,000 rials. The redenomination plan effectively removes four place values (four zeros) from the Iranian national currency as part of efforts to kickstart an economic recovery from the country. It is a move that echoes steps taken by other countries like Venezuela and Zimbabwe amid huge inflation.
- 2020 May 15..Bitcoin...Following the third bitcoin halving on May 11, 2020, there’s been a big shift in mining pool distribution, as far as hashrate is concerned. At the time of publication, there’s around 100-115 exahash per second (EH/s) in search of bitcoin blocks and spectators have seen two relatively unknown mining pools join the top mining pool contenders. Both of these new mining pools capture around 14 EH/s today, and the top operations F2pool and BTC.com have around 34 EH/s between both pools. ...
- 2020 May 17..NaturalNews...Bitcoin could temporarily skyrocket to $100,000 as the U.S. dollar collapses due to the total blowout Federal Reserve fiat currency printing orgy that’s now under way. The dollar is being utterly obliterated, and both Trump and the big banksters are drunk with helicopter money. There is no way out now other than massive money printing, followed by extreme currency devaluation and ultimately hyperinflation of the prices of consumer goods (yes, even though deflation is the current trend, all the money printing will inevitably result in hyperinflation before long). ...U.S. Treasury bills will be paying strongly negative interest rates — such as negative 5%, for example — and many people will see Bitcoin as a far better alternative than a guaranteed 5% loss in treasuries. ... when Bitcoin is $100,000 per coin, it doesn’t mean it’s actually “worth” what you might think $100,000 is worth today. Depending on the degree of currency debasement, $100,000 might only cover one month’s rent ... but a catastrophic decline could happen overnight...This could happen literally overnight. For example, what happens if the U.S. government announces an oil-backed cryptocurrency that’s also backed by the Fed? Or if China announces a gold-backed hybrid crypto solution? ... the biggest risk is to hold dollars ... So you’d better start thinking about things like trading Bitcoin for land, commercial buildings, residential real estate,
- 2020 May 17..SHTFPlan...On Twitter, JUST RECENTLY, President Trump WENT TO WORK, defending the price of America’s stock market. This was in response to the remarks made by (Jews and crypto Jews) Sam Zell (real estate billionaire), David Tepper (billionaire owner of the Carolina Panthers), Stanley Druckenmiller (legendary trader partner of George Soros), Ray Dalio (who needs no introduction), James Gorman (CEO of Morgan Stanley), Jim Chanos (best SHORT-SELLER in history) and several other POWERBROKERS, who are telling us the markets are SEVERELY overvalued. In response, Trump tweeted this: (paraphrased: 'the rich guys make money in up and down markets with options trading) ...I agree that gurus can MOVE MARKETS with mere words, but in my opinion, THEY’RE RIGHT, even if Donald wants the market comeback on his watch, right before elections.
- End of Timeline